Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dumpster Diving for Decorating?!


Dumpster Diving!? I know it sounds gross, but do not let that deceive you. Growing up I used to see my family members “dumpster dive” and it was not actually diving into a dumpster full of trash, digging for some broken T.V. The idea picking up the “good stuff” people just throw on the side of the road. I've seen my college friends get good working mini fridges and resale them on craigslist. It is a great way to make some extra cash to go do something that weekend. I have even gotten some furniture for my apartment that way.

The best times to go “dumpster diving” is on Saturday’s, because whatever people do not sale in their yard sales they normally put on the side of the road. I usually look on craigslist to see if anyone is putting their stuff on the curb, for someone to come get it. Another good time to go is the end of the semester for college. Many students at the dorms or apartments near school throw out a lot of their furniture and just leave it next to the dumpster.

I have never had to go into a dumpster! And I never plan to have to. So hopefully you can see “dumpster diving” is not as gross as you once thought it was and for college decorating it is the cheapest way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment