Thursday, June 30, 2011

How to Get Coupons

One of the questions I get asked most is how do I get my coupons. There are many different ways people get them. Some people buy a bunch of newspapers every Sunday, while others never have to buy a paper to get coupons.


Buy the Sunday Paper – This is the most common way to get coupons, but it is also the most expensive. I buy 3 papers every Sunday just to make sure I am able to have the coupons I need.


Stop by McDonald’s - Either stop by your local McDonald’s or Starbucks on Sunday afternoon to pick up the papers left behind by others. Many times people just go in there to eat breakfast and leave the paper with the coupon inserts inside.


Ask Family and Friends – I get most of my coupons this way. My grandmother's friends give me theirs and whenever I go home I pick them up. In return I give them a bag of groceries and things I get for free with my coupons.


Recycling Bins – I know this way may sound gross, but I promise you it is not. Most recycling bins are clean and you almost never have to dig in them. My apartment complex has its own community recycling and if I ever see newspapers on top I just grab them and take the coupon inserts out.


Recycling Centers – Recycling Centers sort all of there recyclables into different category’s and most will let you come and look through them. Check your local recycling center to see if they will let you go there and sort through the paper inserts for coupons.


Library - Almost all Library’s have the paper, try stopping by and asking for Sunday's coupon inserts.


Buy Coupons Online – There are websites such as that have you pay a small coupon cutting fee for buying their coupons. I have never done this, but I know of a few bloggers who do. It is an easy way to get high value coupons or get coupons that you can get in your area.


Make Friends with the Mail Man - If you are able to make friends with your mail man, you may be able to ask him to bring the extra coupon inserts that are left over on Sundays.


Trade coupons - You can trade coupons with others to get the coupons you need and give away the ones you don't.


Look For coupons at the Store - Always be on the look out for coupons at the stores on tear pads or items. Some stores, like the one I shop at, have coupon booklets every so often.


Print coupons out online - Many coupons I use come from online. The are many sites you can get them from they are adding new coupons all the time so always keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment