Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Student Loans

I finally had to get a student loan in my last year of college. I've gone four years without one, but I had to find a way to pay for my summer classes and found no other opinion. At first I was very disappointed in myself for having to do this, I had heard so many horror stories about people in there 30's and 40's still paying them off! After talking with the lady in the financial office and one of my aunt's a few months back I finally got rid of my fears. I have always been good with my money so being able to pay back the loan wouldn't be a problem for me. It was just the fear I would be paying it off for a long time to come. I ended up just getting to pay for classes and books that I could pay off at anytime, even before I finished school.

I do recommend to students thinking about doing this, to ONLY do it if you have to. Try getting a job first. There are many strings attached when it comes to taking out loans, such as not being able to get your tax returns after school if you are not paying back student loans. Do not get one to pay for things outside of college! I know a friend who only got loans to pay for trips to other countries. Do not forget you have to pay it back. Loans can be tricky, but useful, so only do it if you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment